The Parent Forum
The Parents’ Forum represents parent and carers’ views to the school. All parents and carers are automatically members of the Forum and welcome to come to our meetings. Our Fundraising Team also run a programme of events through the year, all with the aim of raising money for the school. We’re always looking for helpers and ideas. The Parents’ Forum and the Fundraising Team meet regularly – see the notice board and website for details of our next meetings. If you’d like to get involved with either group, but can’t make it along to the meetings, that’s fine – we can always work around your commitments.
The money we raise makes a real difference to the children’s learning. Here are just some of the things we’ve funded, thanks to your help:
- £235 for chanters for the Chanters Club
- £300 for Sports Day and Rose Day prizes every year
- £300 for a new nursery computer
- £15 per child for the P7 celebratory Day Out every year
- Annual Sumdog licence
- Books, including around £4000 for new Oxford Reading Tree Books
- Kit and equipment for the football team
- £1500 towards the outside classroom
The Forum is led by a committee:
Chair – Andy Waller
Vice chair –
Treasurer – Susie McGowan
Clerk to the Forum – Susan Cameron
The head teacher attends all Forum meetings, usually with a representative from the teaching staff and occasional guests.
Meeting dates are posted on the calendar and on the notice board in the playground and the nursery foyer.
Please come along, all parents from Nursery to P7 are welcome.